Cutting Edge Homes delivers Modular and SmartPanel Homes for single and multi-unit projects in California, Hawaii, the New York region, and Internationally. We do not provide individual homes for single-projects in the USA outside of California, Hawaii, Florida, Georgia, the Dakotas and the New York region.
Our firm provides wholesale priced Modular and SmartPanel homes and can introduce you to a network of contractors that can help provide you with a turn-key experience. Many clients purchase the home from us and have a factory certified set-up crew receive and set the home, and use one of our local general contractors to file their permits and perform the site-work.
There are six major services that you will need to build a home:
1. Land Acquisition – We work with a network of experienced brokers throughout California who will help you find a lot that fits your needs. If you need a referral, your regional Client Services representative will find one for you.
2. Financing – Unlike manufactured homes, your pre-built, Modular or SmartPanel homes will finance at the same rates as any other site built homes. It is helpful, however, to work with a lender that understands the construction process and can do the loan without any difficulty or misunderstanding.
Marvin Harris Jr., Big Valley Mortgage – (916) 446-5413
Marc Connelly Land & Home Financial Services – (800) 241-5263
Chad Cummard, Cascade Financial – (877) 869-7082, Extension 250
Lou Schmidt, Finance & Insurance Manager – (916) 861-2292
Our lending partners will integrate your loan seamlessly with your project and give you the same rates as stick-built financing.
You may contact our preferred lenders directly or contact your regional Client Services representative for more information on financing your new home via our lending partners.
3. Design/Build Services – Many clients are interested in those customizations that make a home feel like, well, your home. We will work tirelessly with you to get it just right. We have an in-house Design team and we provide a comprehensive design and planning service, including the full set of construction documents needed by your local building department. If you live in an area that requires preliminary HOA or Planning department review processes, we can spear-head the process and get your plans processed as quickly as possible. We have the battle-scars and experience from multiple years of working through high-complexity cities including several successful permits in the California Coastal Commission zone.
We can add any customization to your home that our factory offers, or the project general contractor can put together any additional customizations that you would like once the home arrives at the building site. The sky and your budget are the limits. You may also choose one of our many pre-designed plans from our collection, which will save you time and money versus full custom designs and speed up the process.
4. Ordering and Delivery IBC Modular Homes and Smart Panel Homes – Unlike most of our competition we do not sell any manufactured-mobile homes no matter what. If you buy a home from Cutting Edge Homes you will only get a high-quality, “true modular” or Smart Panel home that will last for many years. Your Client Service representative will be knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to do whatever it takes to get your home just right, no matter how many phone calls and emails that it takes.
We distinguish ourselves by providing the best information on modular and panelized homes, being available more hours on more days than our competition, excelling at projects that require complex planning for approvals and assembly, and far exceeding your expectations by providing the same attentive service throughout your building project that we do on the first day we speak with you. If you like working with “details people”, you have found a home with Cutting Edge.
We are not suggesting that your project will be easy. In fact, we have not ever done a project that was easy! All construction projects have challenges that create static in your head and make you wish that you were sitting in a calm and comfortable place thinking about something else. You want to choose a company to work with that is ready for challenges and knocks them down in the lowest risk and lowest cost way when a challenge rears its heads. We work hard to be that type of company.
5. Project Management, Green Building, and Set-up – Depending on the area of the state that your site is located, there are different regional installation crews that provide the technical side of the structural installation for the many of our homes. You may use any setup contractor as long as they are properly licensed, qualified, and certified by the modular home factory. At your request, we can recommend you to a network of experienced CA licensed general contractors that will work directly with you to prepare the site. A factory certified set-crew will place the home on the foundation and tie the home together structurally, and then the local general contractor typically finishes the home. We never assume that our clients will find contractors to do the work or to coordinate their job sites, so please let our Client Services representative know if you would like a contractor referral.
Your home-site will be prepared and efficiently constructed to the rigorous International Building Code (IBC), California Building and Safety Codes and CalGreen Code (in California), and any specific local code that is identified to us. We also offer comprehensive services to the “Owner-Builder”, or better yet we can also simply sell you the home and introduce you to a factory certified setup crew that will directly provide you or your general contractor with a sub-contractor estimate for the comprehensive modular home setup.
Many of our clients are interested in pursuing a green building certification through either the Build it Green “Green Point Rated” program or the LEED for Homes program. We work with and provide detailed information to the licensed raters who score our modular and SmartPanel homes and the on-site general contractor for conformance with each organization’s green building guidelines. As the first builder of a permanent off-grid systems built home in southern California and a member of the US Green Building Council, we lead the way among our industry in advocating for and acting on the green building movement.
6. IT Services – We will give you access to a private area on our Website where you can access all of the information from your project. It will aid in planning, designing, and engineering your project. There will be a log of the conversations and project activity. You can view photos from your home of the project after a long day of work without actually having to go to the building site, see what has been completed, or check your list of funds available and where funds have already been spent.
We will schedule a preliminary meeting with you to find out what home fits you best. From the planning stages to move-in, your project should be 3-5 months shorter than a comparable site-built project for modular construction, and 1-2 months shorter for Smart Panel construction, depending on engineering, local permitting, and approvals. Cutting Edge Homes will be there with you every step of the way, providing all of the resources you need to get your home built quickly and with minimal headache.
It is our job to make your home-building project the most seamless, stress-free building project possible.
We do it in three ways:
First, the off-site, modular or Smart Panel building process helps finish the project quickly to minimize the time you spend with stress and uncertainty about your project.
Secondly, we will respond to any request that you make as quickly as is possible, and we will not be hard to get in touch with if there are delays at your project. You also will always be able to access your site information at a secure login through this Website to review your project progress.
Lastly, you will end up with a better quality home for less money, and less money spent will mean less stress on your family’s budget.
Cutting Edge Homes is your modular home and panelized home builder in the states of California and Hawaii and Internationally.